We are living in the age of a new wave of digital revolutions, led by cloud and internet technologies, resulting in an unprecedented amount of data produced every day. The ability to make sense of this data, foresee the applications of insights produced by it, and communicate effectively these insights to a diverse range of audiences is of paramount importance to engineers and other professionals.
The MSc in Data Science program at Koç University has a computational focus and students are trained in advanced methods, tools, and applications to help them achieve the above goals.
The program provides students wishing to succeed in today’s data-driven world:
- Theoretical foundations and practical skills to apply the knowledge gained in a wide-range of applications and industries
- An interdisciplinary curriculum with collaboration of various departments from our College of Engineering and our Graduate School of Business.
- Courses offered span a variety of areas that includes computer science, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, chemical and biological engineering, and economics
- Interaction with several of Koç University’s 200+ research laboratories
As a newly established program, faculty members are on the lookout for driven and academically outstanding candidates who want to expand their engineering capabilities and gain an industry sought-after degree that will increase their post-graduation career choices to new fields (e.g. banking, finance, consulting, and government) and long-term career trajectories.
If you wish to apply for our Fall 2019 intake the applications are now open!
Application Deadline: JUNE 7, 2019
- 2-3 Recommendation Letters
- TOEFL IBT (minimum 80) exam scores
- GRE exam scores (minimum 155 on quantitative section)
- Statement of Purpose
All these documents are required and should be uploaded using our online application system available here.Please note the GRE and TOEFL can’t be waived for any applicants even if they did all their previous education in English.
After you submit your online application you may be shortlisted and contacted by the Graduate School to schedule an interview by Skype.
After the interview, if you are offered admission into the program you will also receive a scholarship offer automatically. There are no additional procedures or forms to apply to our graduate scholarships.
The scholarships for our MSc with Thesis (2 years) program include:
- 100% tuition scholarship (tuition is 63.400 Turkish Lira or approximately 12.000 USD)
- Monthly salary
- Free accommodation (on a competitive basis for MSc)
- Other benefits (health insurance, office space, laptop, meal card, travel awards for conferences)
We also have an MSc Non-Thesis of 1-year duration and course fees are 63.400 Turkish Lira (approximately 12.000 USD).