Founded in 1993 in İstanbul, Koç University is a non-profit private research university located in Istanbul, Türkiye and supported by the resources of the internationally renowned Vehbi Koç Foundation.
Since its establishment, Koç University has emerged as a center of global excellence in science and education and is uniquely positioned to explore the overlaps of Medicine, Engineering, Science, Social Sciences, and Administrative Sciences to further pursue basic and applied research and attract the best students and faculty members.
The university has steadily climbed in the most reputable university rankings, both internationally and nationally, and is always striving to achieve even greater heights.
Guided by the educational philosophy of “creative teaching and participatory learning”, Koç University supports academic and interpersonal development, while concurrently imparting the critical thinking necessary to analyze knowledge, thereby the creativity to nurture and surpass this knowledge, and stimulating the curiosity for lifelong learning. Koç University takes a student-oriented approach to education and provides its students with the necessary support mechanisms for learning and development.
Koç University aims to create a scientifically rigorous and intellectually rich environment for its students, through:
- courses and research supervision by nationally and internationally recognized faculty members
- exposure to distinguished national and international scholars and speakers
- research opportunities in over 200 interdisciplinary research centers, forums, and laboratories
- exposure to research practices and academic knowledge from Top-100 ranked partner universities in the U.S., Europe, and Asia through semester exchange programs
- a low student-faculty ratio for a “boutique learning” experience
- lively campus life, with an abundance of social and cultural activities in a beautifully designed campus in a quiet and safe location
- full and partial scholarship opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate level
7 Colleges 22 Undergraduate Programs
4 Graduate Schools 43 Master and 30 PhD programs
9400+ students 10% international of the total student body
83 countriesRepresented by our international community
1.300+ graduate students17% international
566 full-time faculty438 Professoriate
300+Exchange programs with Top-100 ranked partner universities
18,917 alumni89% employed in the first six months after graduation
Englishinstruction in all programs