Turkish Scholarships is an international scholarship program funded by the Turkish Government (Presidency for Turks Abroad and Related Communities
) which provides financial support for international students in their intended program of study at selected public and foundation Turkish universities.
The Turkish Scholarships program offers support to students from all countries who wish to pursue undergraduate, master, or Ph.D. programs at Turkish universities. It also supports academicians and post-doctoral researchers to collaborate with Turkish researchers.
Koç University has offered joint scholarships with Turkish Scholarships since 2019 for international students as follows:
- 5 undergraduate scholarships for all programs (except Medicine, Law, and Nursing)
- 10 Master scholarships for all Master’s programs with thesis (excluding Master’s in Clinical Pscychology, LL.M and Non-Thesis Master’s programs)
- 20 Ph.D. scholarships for all programs
- 5-10 Research scholarships (for academicians who have obtained a PhD degree or PhD students at dissertation stage affiliated with universities abroad)
- Complete and submit the relevant Koç University Graduate application form with all the required documents and information by the relevant program deadline. This includes a valid GRE test score and TOEFL test score. Applying without these two test scores will mean your application will not be evaluated. Only applicants who are admitted for the FALL semester intake are eligible to be funded by the Turkish Scholarships program. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND INSTRUCTIONS on the relevant Koç University Graduate School “Admission” pages.
- If you are nominated by Koç University to be funded by Turkish Scholarship (this usually is communicated to shortlisted applicants in August-September), you will then be asked to complete and submit the online Turkish Scholarships application form and indicate as your 1st preference the relevant Koç University Ph.D. programs.
- If approved by the Turkish Scholarships Evaluation Committee you will be offered admission to the relevant Ph.D. program with the Turkish Scholarships funding.
Please check the Türkiye Scholarships website for detailed information including their Frequently Asked Questions to know more details about what the scholarship covers, age limits, minimum GPA requirements, and other important information https://www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr
Applications are now open for the Fall 2022 admission period and will close on 20 February 2022 but please check regularly the Turkish Scholarships website for detailed information.
For specific questions, you can email us at email@example.com