The HEC Pakistan Scholarship Program at Koç University was launched in 2013. It is a joint scholarship program between Koç University and the Higher Education Council of Pakistan. It provides full scholarships for high-achieving students from Pakistan to pursue their MS-leading to Ph.D. and Ph.D. degrees at any of Koç University’s research graduate programs.
The HEC Pakistan Scholarships at Koç University offers:
- 100% tuition scholarships in any of Koç University 30 Ph.D. programs
- Dormitory accommodation
- Monthly stipend (900 USD)
- Other benefits (flights, book allowance, others) depend on the specific HEC scholarship type
Since 2013, Koç University has welcomed nearly 50 Pakistani students under this agreement and through the following scholarship programs managed by HEC Pakistan:
- Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil leading to PhD
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP) Overseas Scholarships
- HRDI- Faculty Development of UESTPS-UETS-Phase-1
- Overseas Scholarship Aghaz-e-Haqooq-e-Balochistan Project
Pakistani students constitute one of the largest international student populations on the Koç University campus. HEC scholars have added value to campus life by organizing cultural and sports activities that have raised awareness of Pakistani culture in our community. You can see more details here.
To apply students need to:
- apply to Koç University for admission to their Ph.D. program of interest using Koç University’s graduate online application with all required documents (TOEFL and GRE/GMAT test scores, grades, etc) before the relevant university deadline AND
- apply to the HEC scholarship program through the HEC website or relevant channels by their stipulated deadline
Please check the HEC Pakistan website for detailed information including Frequently Asked Questions http://hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/Guidelines/Pages/Guideline-for-KOC-University-Türkiye.aspx